There are several Olin reunions, listed below, held every year across North America. These are generally "kinfolk" reunions, organized around a particular branch of the family tree, but all of them welcome any Olin relative who shows up, typically with a dish to pass and a willingness to share food, fun, and fellowship. Please join us! Although the OFS supports local/kinfolk Olin reunions, it is not directly involved in any of them. However, it does sponsor an international — North American, at least — reunion once every five years.
The first international reunion was held in Fargo, North Dakota, in August 1996. The 3-day event was attended by approximately 125 Olin relatives from across the continent. It was the first continent-wide gathering of Olin's in several generations. The second such reunion was held in 2001 in Binghamton, New York. The third international Olin reunion was held in August 2006 in Kennewick, Washington. The fourth one took place August 5-7, 2011, in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.
In 2016, we'll be convening in Ashtabula, Ohio. We hope to see you there! You can find the latest information here.
To learn more about any of the reunions listed below, or to provide information about any reunions not listed, let us know.
2016 Olin Reunions
Details are subject to change. Check this page for the latest info.
- Coulee City, Washington
- Date: Friday - Sunday, June 17-19, start Friday evening
- Location: Sun Lakes Park Resort, 34228 Park Lake Rd. NE, Coulee City, WA
- Contact: Naomi Mathews
- New York/Pennsylvania (NOTE CHANGE IN LOCATION!)
- Date: Sunday, July 10, 11am – 4pm
- Location: Roundtop Picnic Area, 1 Roundtop Park St., Endicott, NY (directions)
- Contact: Roger Green
- 5th International OLIN/OLAN Reunion
- Date: Friday - Sunday, July 15-17, start Friday evening
- Location: Saybrook United Methodist Church, 7900 Depot Road, Ashtabula, OH
- Contact: Carol Sirrine